October 4, 2023
The next submit incorporates a recap of reports, initiatives, and essential updates from the Spartan Council and Core Contributors, in addition to the Grants Council and Ambassador Council from final week.
- Perps V3 Base Testnet Competitors: Formally begun! The competitors will conclude on October twenty third at midnight UTC. If whitelisted, you’ll be able to take part by way of Kwenta or Polynomial’s Perps V3 interfaces. Learn beneath for extra particulars about guidelines.
- SIP-323: Undertake “s” prefix for Synthetix V3 asset tickers has been accepted by auditors
- V3 Migration: Following the testnet competitors, the present plan is to do a restricted Mainnet alpha launch with Perps as the primary stay take a look at for related V2 and V3 techniques.
- Reward distributor design: Duck questioned how charges for Base exercise could be distributed to stakers on Optimism or ETH Mainnet and if that must be thought-about within the design of V3 — this began a dialogue amongst the SC and CCs. Learn beneath for the total dialogue.
- SIP-341: Add Configurer Tackle presentation recap
- Grants Council replace: NFT web site and auctions are stay, mint coming very quickly! Buying and selling comp NFT rewards have been finalized, workforce is within the course of of selecting a dev for the V3 dune analytics stats front-end, and Sunny is assembly with the devs who’re engaged on the Thales Time beyond regulation market on V3. The Governance information is coming alongside properly, workforce has additionally been discussing some potential retroactive grants, and the GC has enabled monitoring open curiosity and revenue/loss to the Watcher Web page, with open place tables coming quickly.
- Ambassador Council replace: Crew mentioned Spartan Area final week with Rage Commerce, the Optimism Badgeholder Name, the Season 4 Roundup, and suggestions from OP’s Retroactive Public Items Funding Spherical 3. Additionally helped present suggestions on Synthetix V3 docs for the CCs, mentioned their subsequent Spartan Area with Infinex, future Perps Listings, and the Buying and selling Competitors on Base.
Spartan Council and SIP updates
Current on the September 27, 2023 Spartan Council Weekly Undertaking Sync:
Spartan Council: Adam, Burt, cyberduck, Genefaesius.eth (Gene), Jackson, Millie, and ML_sudo
Core Contributors: Afif, Cavalier, db, jz, KALEB, Mike, noah, sunny, troy
First up, the Perps V3 Testnet Buying and selling Competitors has formally begun! It began two days in the past and can conclude on October twenty third at midnight UTC. You’ll be able to take part within the competitors by way of Kwenta or Polynomial’s Perps V3 interfaces — however don’t neglect to connect with the Base Goerli Testnet for buying and selling! Make sure to test the general public notion web page for the total checklist of whitelisted individuals to see in the event you’re a part of the chosen pool to compete, and go to the leaderboard web site for real-time competitors standings.
So far as guidelines go, buying and selling is allowed at any time inside the competitors interval, however transferring balances between wallets or buying and selling accounts is prohibited and can result in disqualification. Make sure to additionally preserve a watch out for any glitches and report them within the #v3-bug-report channel of the Synthetix Discord (or your respective frontend integrator). Bug bounty prizes will probably be awarded primarily based on severity for sensible contract and webapp bugs, as outlined on Immunefi. Rewards vary from $1,000 to $10,000 for sensible contract bugs, and $300 to $1,000 for webapp bugs.
So get to buying and selling, see you on Base!!
Subsequent up, in core system updates, SIP-323 to undertake an “s” prefix for Synthetix V3 asset tickers has been accepted by auditors. Take a look at this hyperlink for a technical spec clarification doc that explains extra particulars in regards to the modifications this SIP will carry.
The SIP for the cross-chain election module can be in audit — the CCs will start processing suggestions this week as their major focus has been the testnet competitors up till now.
The workforce additionally mentioned the V3 migration, because the legacy market audit fixes are being finalized and carried out. Following the testnet competitors, the present plan is to do a restricted Mainnet alpha launch with Perps as the primary stay take a look at for related V2 and V3 techniques. General, the plan remains to be to have a progressive migration, permitting customers emigrate because the incentives change.
In different dialogue, ML_sudo is engaged on a template to check the V3 tokenomics proposals. Throughout the assembly, Duck additionally requested in regards to the reward distributor design, which permits charges generated to be distributed to SNX stakers. With the bottom deployment solely supporting ETH collateral, Duck questioned how charges for Base exercise could be distributed to stakers on Optimism or ETH Mainnet and if that must be thought-about within the design of V3.
Millie introduced up the truth that different protocols have adopted a fractured staking mannequin, which limits liquidity availability on many chains. He agrees that charges ought to accrue to stakers no matter what chain they’re on. Noah defined that, by default, charges generated on a sequence could be deposited into the market supervisor, which would cut back debt for the LPs supporting that market. They will, nevertheless, be despatched to the rewards distributor, which might distribute them throughout a number of chains if wanted.
One other suggestion is the potential of SNX buyback and burn, which could possibly be automated and would profit any holder of the token. Millie proposed a dutch public sale type answer the place an preliminary value is about by the Spartan Council and would drop at pre-determined intervals till the SNX is depleted.
Gene and Adam shared some issues in regards to the concept of buybacks. They acknowledged that it is likely to be the quickest answer presently, however Adam stated he’s involved that it could incentivize customers to only maintain SNX reasonably than stake it (which generates the collateral base on high of which your entire protocol operates). He prompt accruing the surplus charges to a multisig that is likely to be used later to incentivize LPs because the protocol scales (they is also bridged to Optimism or Ethereum and distributed there). There was some consensus on this method after additional dialogue.
Subsequent up, there was a SIP presentation final week: SIP-341 so as to add a configurer handle that may execute SCCPs. At present, the proprietor handle can run protocol upgrades (i.e. execute SIPs) and name permissioned features, which then execute SCCPs. This SIP would add the choice so as to add one other handle that might execute SCCPs however not SIPs. This improve would permit some flexibility in how SIPs and SCCPs are executed in V3, pending governance approval of latest processes. If the protocol bought to the purpose of immutability (i.e. no additional code modifications), there’ll nonetheless seemingly be a necessity for the flexibility to course of configuration modifications, and this improve places the mechanism in place to permit that.
Current on the September 28, 2023 Grants Council assembly:
Grants Crew: ALEXANDER, CT, MoneyManDoug, synthquest
In Grants Council updates, the NFT web site and auctions are stay, mint coming very quickly!! The buying and selling competitors NFT rewards have additionally been finalized and are able to be handed out to winners on the finish of the comp.
The workforce can be within the course of of selecting a dev for the V3 dune analytics stats front-end, and Sunny is scheduled to satisfy with the devs who’re engaged on the Thales Time beyond regulation market on V3. The Governance information can be coming alongside properly, and the workforce has been discussing some potential retroactive grants. Lastly, we talked about final week that the GC has built-in ENS decision into the Watcher Web page, and now they’ve enabled monitoring open curiosity and revenue/loss, with open place tables coming quickly!
Current on the September 26, 2023 Ambassador Council assembly:
Ambassadors: GUNBOATs, Kevin, MasterMojo, Matt, Westie
In Ambassador updates, the workforce mentioned info regarding Rage Commerce previous to their Spartan Area with them final week. In addition they mentioned the Optimism Badgeholder Name, the Season 4 Roundup, and suggestions from OP’s Retroactive Public Items Funding Spherical 3. The Ambassadors additionally helped present suggestions on Synthetix V3 docs for the CCs, mentioned their subsequent Spartan Area with Infinex, future Perps Listings, and the Buying and selling Competitors on Base.
Subscribe to our YOUTUBE
SNXweave Anchor Podcast: https://anchor.fm/snxweave
Observe us on Twitter! @snx_weave
SIP/SCCP standing tracker:
SIP-323: Undertake “s” prefix for Synthetix V3 asset tickers, Standing: accepted
SIP-341: Add Configurer Tackle, Standing: draft